Modern Address Book proposal update

David Bienvenu dbienvenu at mozilla.com
Fri Feb 17 16:24:48 UTC 2012

On 2/17/2012 8:20 AM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> On 15/02/12 21:50, Advrk Aplmrkt wrote:
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Community:SummerOfCode12:Brainstorming
>>
>> Can I propose that the long awaited Thunderbird Address Book overhaul
>> be proposed for GSoC 2012???
>
> Do you think it's something a student could achieve in 8 weeks, including testing, documentation, debugging etc.?
No, that's not even remotely possible. But we may be able to carve out a piece of the work that could be done in 8 weeks. That would depend on us (well, mconley) getting
the work to a state where there was a piece that could be meaningfully carved out by the time SOC starts. We would have to be confident that we'll be there before we pick
students, or have a backup address book task .

- David