Fwd: Firefox Support for Windows 2000 Coming to an End

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Thu Feb 2 18:45:21 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

As Gecko is the one dropping support here, we'll be needing to do the
same. This will take effect from Firefox/Thunderbird 13.

Although our windows builders still be on VC 2008 for a little longer
whilst we get them upgraded, it is likely that upgrades to these builds
on TB 13 will be prevented from today, with the installer also blocking
installations. This is because of changes in the installer in gecko.

Mark.