Thunderbird metrics

Vincent el.cameleon.1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:35:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks to Jonathan I finally find the public website at
https://metrics.mozilla.com/

But I should admit that the data here are quite difficult to understand and
that I don't really know which of them are the most relevant :-(

Can it helps to answer to some questions like:
- what is the average start time of Thunderbird for each version?
- ...
?

2012/12/13 Jonathan Protzenko <jonathan.protzenko at gmail.com>

> There are many metrics that we share with firefox, last time I checked the
> private dashboard (the one you can access with a Mozilla login), if I
> recall correctly, most of the metrics you mention (memory usage, startup
> time, etc.) were readily available. If they're not available on the public
> website, I think you should file a bug for them to be exposed in the
> Thunderbird case.
>
> Cheers,
>
> jonathan
>

> On Thu 13 Dec 2012 06:55:12 PM CET, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>
>> On 12/13/12 6:14 PM, Irving Reid wrote:
>>
>>> I think adding some startup and memory use telemetry probes is a
>>> great idea (along with adding more memory uses to the about:memory
>>> counters). Vladan Djeric recently wrote up some notes on adding
>>> probes, see
>>> https://developer.mozilla.org/**en-US/docs/Performance/Adding_**
>>> a_new_Telemetry_probe<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Performance/Adding_a_new_Telemetry_probe>
>>>

>> We'd need someone to add them ...