Thunderbird Marketplace?

Mihovil Stanic mihovil.stanic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:48:38 UTC 2012

On 30.8.2012. 10:36, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> On 28.08.2012 21:57, Mihovil Stanić wrote:
>> It would be great if Thunderbird would offer marketplace in which you
>> can monetize add-ons.
>
> Agreed.
>
> But OTOH, I wouldn't want to use anything that isn't open-source. How
> can we solve that clash? How can we make people pay for open-source
> stuff, organization and incentive-wise? Ideas?
>
> (I don't think the "donation" model works.)

My thoughts are that add-on writing should stay same, but TB should
implement some kind of source code protection for non-opensource addons
and install limitation so you can't install addon and then copy it
around. If that's even possible.

But even only marketplace without further protections would be nice
improvement over current system.

Best regards,
Mihovil