Thunderbird Marketplace?

Axel axel.grude at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:51:31 UTC 2012

  *From: *"Ben Bucksch"<ben.bucksch at beonex.com>  *Sent: *Thursday, 30/08/12 10:28:15
10:28 GMT Daylight Time {GMT DT} +0100  [Week 35]  *Subject:*Re: Thunderbird
Marketplace? > On 30.08.2012 11:19, Axel wrote:
>> AMO its complete code base is being reviewed by Mozilla staff for security - this is
>> something most of our users are not aware of, and we should think of ways to
>> communicate this better as one of Mozilla's big advantages over the competing
>> Marketplaces.
>
> Yes.
>
>> One thing I would like to offer is something like premium support for corporate
>> users with a certain support turnaround time (say 24 hours)
>
> I tried that - doesn't work. Other people have the same experience. Business users
> don't want to pay, strangely enough. (Only to MS und Oracle, of course, but to these
> horrendous sums.)

Interesting. My take on this would be, maybe they (Business Users / Companies) would
be more willing to pay if it was under the umbrella of Mozilla (another big brand
name) rather than to an individual developer? Also, private users are in my experience
much more open to pay small sums (micropayments) when it is easy and unified to do so
(marketplace portal). The only thing currently holding me back paying my android
marketplace apps (such as WinAmp) that they _dont_ (yet) support paypal.

Axel