Thunderbird Marketplace?

Axel Grude axel.grude at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 28 16:58:24 UTC 2012

/Garrafrauns, 28 August 2012 17:52:27, week 35 /

Like already mentioned early on today's meeting I would be really interested in using
Mozilla Marketplace for my Thunderbird extensions. to be honest when I heard of
Marketplace first I thought this would be a monetization (and promoting) platform for
_all_ Mozilla extensions, and maybe a good opportunity to break into new markets. When
I looked at Marketplace first it felt much more like something that is specialized in
mobile apps only, so I am not too sure whether it is relevant.

One of the major deterrents for commercializing extensions is the high maintenance of
user registration processes, so I was hoping that Marketplace might offer a solution
for this in the future. Do create something like this "from scratch" is out of scope
for most Tb extension developers (as the market is much smaller than that of browser
users)

Also is there a minimum number of users which is necessary for being hosted on the
Marketplace?

It would be great if we could discuss this on the Thunderbird Summit!

regards
   Axel

--
*Axel Grude*