Thunderbird new government model: we're gonna help !

Janek Schwarz janek at janek.org
Mon Aug 27 14:27:38 UTC 2012

Hi Mike,

> For the folks at Linagora (and in tb-planning) that are interested in
> tracking the work, I've started by building an add-on prototype. It's
> still very much in the early stages, but I've started posting the code
> for it here:  https://github.com/mikeconley/thunderbird-ensemble
>
> The add-on currently consists of a couple of small components and some
> tests - it's not currently usable as an address book in any way.
>
> I'd be happy to chat about the architecture for the new address book, my
> development trajectory, and ways for more people to contribute to it!

I'm happy to hear that work on the address book is going to continue.
As the developer of Contact Tabs
(https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/contact-tabs/) I'm very
much interested in your plans for the rewrite. I may find the time
contribute. In fact, I'd be happy if the rewrite would make my addon
obsolete in the long term.

Janek.