Thunderbird new government model: we're gonna help !

Mike Conley mconley at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 27 14:17:55 UTC 2012

Hey Michael,

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear about Linagora's enthusiasm and
willingness to pitch in! :)  The more the merrier!

>> The second module that is important for us is the Address Book. A taskforce
>> already exists to rewrite the addressbook module. We will begin to follow
>> more closely this group activity, and contribute if necessary to the
>> brain-storming and the development of the new AB.

This taskforce you speak of...is it a taskforce at Linagora that's
working on this? Or are you talking about my project to re-write the
address book?

For the folks at Linagora (and in tb-planning) that are interested in
tracking the work, I've started by building an add-on prototype. It's
still very much in the early stages, but I've started posting the code
for it here:  https://github.com/mikeconley/thunderbird-ensemble

The add-on currently consists of a couple of small components and some
tests - it's not currently usable as an address book in any way.

I'd be happy to chat about the architecture for the new address book, my
development trajectory, and ways for more people to contribute to it!

Again, it's great to hear about this. You just made my day. :D

-Mike