Extension Categories Review

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Tue Aug 14 14:15:44 UTC 2012

My thoughts...

In general, this new list seems _really_ long, and I'm not sure that
having this many choices will help users find the add-ons they want.
Now, on to more concrete suggestions.  ;)

On 14-08-12 8:33 , Axel Grude wrote:
> Proposed new List
>
>   * Contacts
>   * Folders Management
>   * Message composing
>   * Message Reading
>   * News Reading

Do those two really need to be separate?

>   * Calendar & Date / Time related add-ons
>   * Signatures & Headers

Isn't this part of Message Composing?

>   * Filters
>   * Search Tools
>   * Tags

Filters and Search Tools seems similar enough to be grouped together.
Maybe Tags, too, but I'm not sure what sort of addons would be in the
Tags category...

>   * Chat & IM
>   * Dictionaries & Language support
>   * Backup & Archiving
>   * Privacy and Security
>     <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/extensions/privacy-and-security/>
>   * Toolbars
>   * Appearance
>   * Folder pane customisation

I think people will expect Toolbars and Folder Pane Customization to be
part of Appearance.

>   * Developer Tools
>   * Browsing
>   * Miscellaneus

Thanks,
Blake.

--
Blake Winton   Thunderbird User Experience Lead
bwinton at mozilla.com