tb-amo etherpad

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Tue Aug 14 10:39:22 UTC 2012

On 13/08/2012 23:18, Axel wrote:
>> On 10/08/2012 14:54, Mark Banner wrote:
>>> For the categories, I'd suggest you just kick off a new thread here
>>> using a new etherpad and listing the existing ones, and your
>>> proposed additions, we can then debate away and come up with a
>>> better list. I think we just then have to ask the AMO admins to
>>> alter the categories list accordingly.
>> I've moved the categories discussion to
>> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/tb-amo-category-improvements as it
>> wasn't really adding anything to release & governance.
>>
> Okay, but who is in charge of setting categories? So it is a
> governance question as well...
I don't know what Firefox do, but I think we can set our own here.

I don't see changing of categories happening that often (once every few
years at most), if we're not happy with the current list we should just
get a list together of what we want and ask the admins to update it. I
think that's just a discussion we can have as and when.

Obviously you guys have already started this, so what I'd propose is
setting up a fresh thread asking for suggestions (I think this should
also include dev.extensions list as well), and then in a week or two,
just spending some time refining the list and putting out a final
proposal. If there's no issues, then we can get the list updated.

Would you be willing to lead that discussion?

Mark.