MozCamp Europe Warsaw - Thunderbird Governance & workshops

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at mozilla.com
Tue Aug 7 08:24:19 UTC 2012

On 7/12/12 10:11 AM, Axel Grude wrote:
> /Garrafrauns, the 12th of July 2012/ 08:55:27

[snip]

> Additionally, I was also thinking since the last one that I should
> maybe host a workshop for add-on authors with a focus on Thunderbird
> add-ons, either a "getting started with Tb addons" or a "exchanging
> experiences for authors of existing add-ons". Or maybe one about
> Monetization in Tb-Addons. Comments about what you think would be most
> desired by the community, or best help the (Thunderbird) cause?

Great ideas ! We did that at the last mozcamp, and during Fosdem, I'm
not sure it triggered new extensions bt I like the idea. One thing that
we might also work on is making the documentation for add-ons authors a
bit better. Jen will be onsite so we might also during the workshops
take notes on what needs to be improved documentation wise.

On the same note, we use PSM/NSS a lot more than Firefox, I see that
Kaie as setup or is setting up a workshop to recruit more NSS/PSM
hackers - would be interesting to see what comes out of this.
> One more thing that comes to mind (and I am sure it would be of
> interest to the corporate users of Thundebird) is the topic of outlook
> - thunderbird interoperability (although I don't know too much about
> this). Since Microsoft has decided to use their Word HTML rendering
> engine (outlook 2007), this is starting to have an effect on
> Thunderbird users (and those having to use both platforms) - just
> thought I throw that out there as well.

can you expand you thoughts on that ?

Ludo

--