Gecko versions for future Thunderbird releases, and impending Gecko 17

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Thu Aug 2 16:39:37 UTC 2012

On 8/2/2012 9:26 AM, Wayne Mery (d531) wrote:

> Are there any serious issues we need to see fixed for Gecko 17? Or
> need between 17 and 24 (the next ESR iirc)?  Especially if they might
> be hard to incorporate into thunderbird even if we use our own long
> lived branch of Gecko?

Well to quote a recent bug ping "The most annoying bug I know... It
happened to nearly everyone I know." is bug 482811, which is dependent
on core bug 476541, and has hope for a fix in active bug 729720.

There is a proposed TB workaround, but the last official word on that
(14 months and 44 comments earlier) is:

"we believe it is a core issue and needs resolving there. We will
however be seeing if we can help drive the core issue forward."

rkent