Proposal: Thunderbird for Tablet

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Wed Aug 1 18:51:43 UTC 2012

On 08/01/2012 11:18 AM, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
> That's a little bit sad, given that last time I surveyed the mobile
> market, there was no decent client out there with proper support for
> threading. Not even K9 Mail has support for threading... :)

When you say "threading", do you mean:
A) Showing messages in a conversation in a flattened time-ordered view
where the message replied to does not matter.  Like gmail and your
Thunderbird conversations.
B) Showing messages in a hierarchical threaded display like Thunderbird
is capable of doing?

I am under the impression that Samsung's Android e-mail client can do A,
and the e-mail libraries authored by Samsung and used by tizen for its
mail API are at least capable of that if not actually the same libraries.

Andrew