Downtime: Thunderbird to Firefox automation infrastructure switch overs happening in the next two weeks

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Mon Apr 30 21:03:15 UTC 2012

Hi All,

As you may have seen from the weekly status meeting minutes, we are
currently working on moving the Thunderbird builders and release
automation over to the same architecture as the Firefox automation.

The new automation has been running to alternate locations, and we're
now at the stage where we are getting close to being able to do the
actual switch-overs.

At the moment we're expecting to move try server builds tomorrow,
followed by the main branches later in the week or early next week.

Therefore, expect some downtime and closure of the try server tomorrow,
probably around 07:00 - 13:00 EDT. This will be to change the try server
builds. Due to the way the automation has been working, we've not been
able to verify fully that unit tests are passing yet, therefore the try
downtime might take a bit longer than planned if we get into unexpected
issues.

We'll get more information about tree closures out as we get closer to
them happening.

Mark.