TB extension development - debugging/testing

gNeandr neandr at gmx.de
Thu Sep 29 18:23:15 UTC 2011

Hi Kent,
thanks for your feedback. Good points -- hope also there are ears for
those calls about tools for testing and debugging. Can't imagine
newabies will stay long for extension development with those big hurdles.

One point, you spoke about "the testing tool addon "Extension Test" that
just makes it much easier to see addon problems. "
Do you have any pointer/link for that?

To repeat, the real big problem is the complexity of XUL, which is very
powerful, but needs a good understanding of it's bells and whistles
*AND* the tuning with CSS. But right here we are left very much alone.
Chromebug was/is a big win, but nowadays not a real help .. if you don't

So, I repeat my request to this point, more to the audience.

Thanks
Günter