thunderbird release cycle

Leni Mayo mozilla.org at zindus.com
Mon Sep 26 13:04:03 UTC 2011

I've just got back from holiday and discovered that Thunderbird 7 is to
be released tomorrow and that I have to change the addon and upload it
to AMO.

Timing-wise, I received the relevant email from mozilla on the 23rd and
Thunderbird's 7's release date is the 27th.

Surely 4 days notice is a bit unreasonable.  I've been happy to tinker
away on the addon as a hobby but this is starting to feel like an
imposition.

I understand why TB needs to move to a faster release cycle.  I honestly
don't know whether I can (or want to) keep up.

Leni.