Fwd: proposal for Extended Support Release for Thunderbird

Jb Piacentino jb at mozilla.com
Thu Sep 22 20:01:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

Following up on the announcement of a Firefox proposal for Extended
Support Release, we would like to extend it to Thunderbird. You can read
all about Firefox proposal here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Enterprise/Firefox/ExtendedSupport:Proposal
We believe that a lot of the proposal can be applied to Thunderbird, but
as always, we'd like to have your opinion on its relevance to a
Thunderbird ESR and the differences that may apply.

The wiki page for Thunderbird ESR proposal is here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Enterprise/Thunderbird/ExtendedSupport
And either this list or tb-planning
(https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/tb-planning) is the right place to
discuss it.