Adding instant messaging features to Thunderbird

Florian Quèze florian at mozilla.com
Wed Sep 21 15:38:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm currently investigating the possibilities of adding instant
messaging features to Thunderbird.
At this point, I'm trying to identify how instant messaging features
could bring additional value for Thunderbird users.

The questions I've been asking myself and others during the last few
days and a summary of the points to answer them that I've already
collected during discussions are visible on this wiki page:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Thunderbird/Instant_messaging_in_Thunderbird

(Note: the "Functional specification" section is currently a draft of
a possible way forward, it doesn't reflect a decision or commitment to
implement something in any way).

I would appreciate any feedback/comments/ideas on this topic.
Especially if you see a way in which adding IM features to Thunderbird
could make it more useful *for you*, I would like to know about it
:-). If you disagree with something written on this page, also feel
free to let me know! :-)

--
Florian Quèze