https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Thunderbird/Modern_Address_Book

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed Sep 21 10:36:25 UTC 2011

I use TB as my primary AB, and the things I miss mostly are:

  * unlimited phone numbers, with labels (some predefined including
    machine knowledge of meaning, e.g. private home, business mobile,
    some custom defined)
  * unlimited email addresses, optionally with labels
  * custom fields, either per contact or per address book (field
    automatically available for all contacts in this AB). possibly with
    ability to map it to a vcard/SyncML tag, so that they appear
    properly after syncing with phone.
  * Ability to link contacts, so that I can move with a single click
    between husband and wife and children. Because: a) they share home
    phone and street address and b) if I don't reach the husband, I
    often try to call the wife, so I often need to move between the two
    contacts.
  * Native vcard and SyncML support (very very important, must-have,
    don't ignore mobile phones any longer)