https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Thunderbird/Modern_Address_Book

Leni Mayo mozilla.org at zindus.com
Fri Sep 16 01:40:53 UTC 2011

My experience around this says that you should try to sync the maximum
number of fields possible per provider (which changes over time) and you
should also document the mapping clearly because some subset of users
are skeptical and will track down to the last detail exactly what sync
is doing and will provide lots of feedback (complaint).

Also, I think the use-case of two-way sync is by far the dominant one.
ie. far more people want that vs. one-way either TB ==> remote or remote
==> TB.

Leni.