Data storage for remote content whitelist

David Bienvenu dbienvenu at mozilla.com
Tue Sep 6 21:29:46 UTC 2011

Indexed DB is an other possibility -
http://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/06/beyond-html5-database-apis-and-the-road-to-indexeddb/

I suspect sqlite is overkill, and that a json file is probably fine. I
don't see that this list should get very big. I would suspect that the
user would just turn on whitelisting of a whole address book/list
instead, if we supported that.

On the other hand, my understanding is we're moving it out of the AB so
that you don't need a card in the AB in order to whitelist someone. That
seems like that could be solved by having cards that don't show up for
normal purposes...perhaps something to consider when we redo the AB in
sqlite :-)

- David