Modern Address Book mock-ups...

Patrick Cloke clokep at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:25:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Ben Bucksch <ben.bucksch at beonex.com>wrote:

> On 27.10.2011 18:01, Patrick Cloke wrote:
>
>> I believe in Mike's idea you'd be able to apply multiple tags, so you
>> could apply both the "work" tag and the "Customer A" tag, doesn't that
>> allow for what you're asking for?  (Correct me if I'm wrong, and if I
>> am...maybe it's an idea that should be considered?)
>>

> Not really, because that's not comfortable to browse. If "Private" is just
> one entry in 30, that's cumbersome and inefficient, for something
> (switching between work and private contacts) that I do every day several
> times.
>
> Generally, tags are not browsable, because there are too many.
>
> Ben

How is this "not comfortable to browse"?  What do you mean?

I do not understand what you mean by "tags are not browsable", I'd hope
you'd be able to filter on a tag and essentially change your whole view of
the address book to one or more tags.  I think I saw that in a mock up,
although from an earlier set, perhaps.

--Patrick