Modern Address Book mock-ups...

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Oct 27 09:42:57 PDT 2011

On 27.10.2011 18:25, Patrick Cloke wrote:

>     Generally, tags are not browsable, because there are too many.
>
> How is this "not comfortable to browse"?  What do you mean?

Browsable is that I see a small list that I can easily process with my
small mind, and then click on something, and then drill down further.

For example: PC components -> Storage -> SDD -> Intel -> 160 GB

Or, right now, I have a list "Private", "Customers", "Mozilla", and
"Foo" on the left, because that's my address books. If the list contains
"Auswaertiges Amt, Customers, Deutsche Bank, Google, Mozilla, Private,
Siemens, Sixt, StarRadio, TomTom, Work", and a few dozen other groups,
it's not that easy to click "Private" in a split-second. I need 1-2
seconds to find "Private" in there, maybe I even have to scroll, and
that's too long.

Both browsing and keyword-based approaches have advantages and
disadvantages. Browsing in general is better when you don't have a
keyboard (my scenario with my phone in my hand), or when you don't know
what exactly you are looking for, but you have to select by category.