Modern Address Book mock-ups...

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Oct 27 16:05:32 UTC 2011

[groups]

One more thing: In the UI design, please assume that there is no
keyboard (unless for editing).

Use case: Phone in my left hand, I realize I don't have the phone number
handy. Mouse in right hand, click click click. Dial number with left
thumb. Happens several times per day.

So, the AB must be easily, comfortably and very efficiently usable with
the mouse only. That includes contact selection by group, I can't use
the keyboard for that.

My main *practical* annoyance with the current AB (apart from lacking
phone and email fields) is that I need to many mouse clicks, starting
with the open TB inbox, to get to the AB card of somebody.

I would like a nice graphical display, maybe like Google+ circles, but
efficient.