Modern Address Book mock-ups...

Mike Conley mconley at mozilla.com
Thu Oct 27 15:06:13 UTC 2011

David:

 > Looks nice, though navigating around those images is a bit tough.

Ugh, I know.  Tumblr.  :/

 > How do ldap and native address books fit into this UI, now that we don't
 > have a 3-pane UI? Do you imagine a UI for showing you all contacts with
 > a given tag? Would that be a filter?

So the way that Blake and I were discussing this, was that the search
input above the contact list would be a combobox - so by clicking on the
down-arrow next to the search input, you'd see a list of your contact
groups (including groups for your LDAP and native address books).
Choosing those groups would show you the contacts that are associated
with those sources.

And in essence, yes, it's just a search for a particular tag - "show me
all of the contacts with the Innatech LDAP Server tag".

That's how I've been thinking of it anyhow,

-Mike