Modern Address Book mock-ups...

Janek Schwarz janek at janek.org
Wed Oct 26 18:02:47 UTC 2011

Am 26.10.2011 19:47, schrieb Mike Conley:
> All:
>
> Just a heads up - I've been pumping out UI mock-ups for the address
> book work I'm doing, and I'd love to hear your thoughts:
>
> http://breakingtheegg.tumblr.com/post/11876838758
> http://breakingtheegg.tumblr.com/post/11908257789
>
> What am I forgetting? What isn't clear? What could be better? What do
> I need to consider?

I like what you did here. It's great to see some innovations with
contact management.

I would love to see a mode where I can open a contact in its own tab.
When I analyze my own use of the address book, most of the time I need
to look up information and don't need the management interface for
moving contacts around and stuff like that.

If you want to provide space for third-party widgets such as the recent
message widget more space might prove to be useful.

In fact, the "a tab per contact interface" is something I'm exploring
with Contact Tabs
(https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/contact-tabs/).

Janek.