Heads up: gloda schema bump

Jonathan Protzenko jonathan.protzenko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:56:12 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I just landed a series of improvements to Gloda, so if you're running
nightly, your database should be rebuilt sometime today. Expected
improvements are database size reduction (I'd be interested in your
measuring before / after sizes), also, responsiveness improvements. We
should be able to witness all of that through telemetry, once the newer
version (with average values) lands.

Thunderbird 9 has telemetry.
Thunderbird 10 now has telemetry + gloda schema improvements.

By comparing the two, we should be able to figure out how much the
situation has improved. The newer telemetry dashboard should hopefully
allow for such things.

Cheers,

jonathan