Extra Folder Columns and featurectomies

David Bienvenu dbienvenu at mozilla.com
Fri Oct 21 21:23:00 UTC 2011

Yeah, I think there was a general consensus at an all-hands meeting that bringing that feature back into core was the right thing to do, but no one signed up to do it. I
vaguely remember there being a slight pref migration issue, which made it slightly more complicated than just backing out the patch that took away the extra columns. But in
any case, unless someone else remembers differently, or Blake feels strongly that he doesn't want the extra columns and the corresponding options UI, I think we're amenable
to taking it back into core.

Or put an other way, yeah, close to 300K users of an add-on makes it pretty clear we took away a popular feature. But with Test Pilot, we would have known that, eh, Blake? :-)

- David