Feature discoverability

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:39:26 UTC 2011

On 6-10-2011 10:26, Magnus Mein wrote:
> On 5.10.2011 11:55, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>> On 05/10/11 10:50, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
>>> What do you all think about this?
>>>
>> Making the Threaded view the default view might help too.
>
> Absolutely! Personally I see no reasons why anyone would want to read
> mail non-threaded, it should be clear to what's going on especially if
> threads were expanded by default.

I would make threaded view only the default for new News accounts.

For Mail accounts it won't make much sense, since incoming and outgoing
messages aren't in the same folder, so they won't be threaded together
anyway. To me this only makes sense when you make a virtual folder that
includes both the inbox and sent folder or you file all the messages in
another folder...

Anyway, virtual folders might be a good thing for the Tip of the day too!

Onno