Feature discoverability

John Hopkins jhopkins at mozilla.com
Thu Oct 6 15:27:35 UTC 2011

On 11-10-06 01:26 AM, Magnus Melin wrote:
> On 5.10.2011 11:55, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>> On 05/10/11 10:50, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
>>> What do you all think about this?
>>>
>> Making the Threaded view the default view might help too.
>
> Absolutely! Personally I see no reasons why anyone would want to read
> mail non-threaded, it should be clear to what's going on especially if
> threads were expanded by default.

I've been reading email unthreaded for years.  It's only recently that I
switched to reading in threaded mode since that seems to better handle
the type and volume of email I'm getting these days.  In addition,
most/all webmail lacks a threaded mode so it may feel more "natural" to
users to read in unthreaded mode.

John