Version number changes for Thunderbird

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Tue May 31 09:11:38 UTC 2011

On 26.05.2011 20:06, Mark Banner wrote:
> We'll also be de-emphasising the version numbers in our releases, it
> is much more important that users keep up to date with the latest
> security and stability fixes, and of course latest improvements, than
> being concerned that a jump from one number to the next is a big jump.

FYI, that *is* an important information, though. There are developers
and companies with big deployments which need to know how much work they
have to expect, due to API and profile file changes, UI changes etc..

Question: Will we end up with Thunderbird 15 in a year's time (and TB 25
in 2 years), or what's the plan?