statusbar usage in the main UI

Bryant susurrus at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:19:09 UTC 2011

Another option for more vertical space is to follow the App-button model
of FF4.0 (I don't know the official name)? Done right this could
possibly merge the title bar, menu, and main buttons. The tabs could
also be moved to the top like FF4.0 when maximized (I think that's the
only time the tabs are moved into the title bar).

While definitely more work, I would think this would be a better
first-run at providing more vertical space.

Bryant