New Account Types directions - should SkinkGlue be core?

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Tue May 17 22:59:54 UTC 2011

On 5/12/2011 5:06 PM, JoeS wrote:
> @Kent
> I don't know much about Microsoft exchange, but wouldn't it be
> possible to include a bare-bones model in core, then offer the
> full-featured implementation as your monetized offering.

I have not really faced all of these issues yet. Too busy trying to get
it all to work (last two days: detecting and persisting recurrence item
exceptions. Still read only). The current schedule is to try to get
something out by the end of June with mail, ab, and calendar as a free
addon, and then face monetization issues after 6 months.

What would be really attractive to people interested in monetization
would be some sort of including in core, which serves as advertisement
for the pay version as well as providing useful functionality to core.

rkent