statusbar usage in the main UI

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue May 17 21:10:09 UTC 2011

On 2011-05-17 4:15 PM, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> Hi!
> Blake and me recently had a conversation on how we could save some
> vertical space in the main ui. One low hanging fruit we identified was
> the statusbar. In Firefox 4.0 it's hidden by default, and it might be a
> good idea to do that in Thunderbird too.
> The current usage of the statusbar we identified in the 3 pane view is:
> * Online/Offline status and trigger
> * Unread / Total / Selected counter
> * Status messages (downloading messages etc.) + progressbar
> * Various Addons icons
>
> Before I go any further with this, I want to make sure I haven't missed
> any additional use of this area.

Sounds about right...

As long as this is OPTIONAL, I'm fine with it, but I absolutely use the
status bars in both programs for tons of stuff, so please don't take
away my status bar!

Also, maybe give the Statsbar4evar extension author a heads up so he has
time to make it compatible with TB too... this would avoid lots of
weeping and gnashing of teeth if it was ready to go if/when this kicks in.