statusbar usage in the main UI

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Tue May 17 20:15:58 UTC 2011

Hi!
Blake and me recently had a conversation on how we could save some
vertical space in the main ui. One low hanging fruit we identified was
the statusbar. In Firefox 4.0 it's hidden by default, and it might be a
good idea to do that in Thunderbird too.
The current usage of the statusbar we identified in the 3 pane view is:
* Online/Offline status and trigger
* Unread / Total / Selected counter
* Status messages (downloading messages etc.) + progressbar
* Various Addons icons

Before I go any further with this, I want to make sure I haven't missed
any additional use of this area.
- Andreas