New Account Types directions - should SkinkGlue be core?

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Mon May 2 14:11:55 UTC 2011

On 26.04.2011 22:16, Kent James wrote:
> So I am asking the question, is there any interest in make SkinkGlue
> part of the core Thunderbird distribution?

How about this:

   1. We define how the API / IDL for a JS-based account implementation
      should look like, independent of any implementation
   2. You implement that API using "SkinkGlue"
   3. "SkinkGlue is included in Thunderbird
   4. Once we have a better approach, that replaces SkinkGlue, but the
      JS account implementations don't notice the change.

Do you (all) think 1 and 4 are possible?

I don't think having this in Thunderbird source tree, but not enabled in
main TB builds, is very useful.