Miramar Branch Builders now set up

Mark Banner mbanner at mozillamessaging.com
Wed Mar 23 15:12:01 UTC 2011

As mentioned in yesterday's status meeting, the short-notice plan to
re-open mozilla-central has pushed work forward on creating branch
builders as per my previous message on this topic.

 From now until we branch comm-central, the authoritative tree for
checking into comm-central is the Miramar tree (tinderbox
<http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Miramar>,
tinderboxpushlog
<http://build.mozillamessaging.com/tinderboxpushlog/?tree=Miramar> -
tbpl coming as soon as build update the web instance); this tree is
building comm-central with mozilla-2.0 and will form Thunderbird 3.3.

The default branding on the new tree has been changed to
mail/branding/unofficial which means you'll get the Miramar branding in
nightly and default self-builds.

The tree is currently a variety of colours, mainly caused by starting up
a new tree, this should hopefully resolve itself within a couple of
hours. At some point we'll also kick off nightly builds and verify they
work.

If you want to pull the tree, then you need a clone of comm-central with
no mozilla directory. Then checkout as normal but adding the
mozilla-repo argument to client.py:

./client.py checkout
--mozilla-repo=http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-2.0

More about trunk in the next email.