quasi-survey on writing mozmill tests for thunderbird

David Bienvenu bienvenu at davidbienvenu.org
Thu Mar 17 20:00:06 UTC 2011

I think Ben is talking about xpcshell tests, not mozmill tests, because one of the biggest problems with mozmill tests for me is that I can't do any imap or pop3 or smtp
testing with mozmill, afaik.

I'm definitely in the "look at existing tests" camp.

Debugging mozmill tests is slightly more difficult than xpcshell tests because using the vc++ debugger is fairly difficult with mozmill whereas it's merely tedious with
xpcshell tests.

Setting up mozmill environment on windows was easy; I could never get the environment correctly set up on my old mac, after it became broken - basically, it's a very
complicated set up, and if following the MDC instructions doesn't give you a working set up, it can be brutal.

- David