Update not working properly (by design)

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Thu Mar 10 17:31:40 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-10 10:35 AM, Mark Banner wrote:
> Whilst we have some automation, generating and testing updates for all
> possible past releases could be quite expensive (in the range of up to
> an extra day per release).

Then why not just have each updater for everything but the latest stable
version have some code that forces *another* update after the update to
the latest older version to the latest *stable* version right away?

I'm thinking an option in the update prompt that is already checked to
update to the latest stable version, that if unchecked, updates only to
the latest version of the older series.

(did that make sense?)