Update not working properly (by design)

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at mozillamessaging.com
Mon Mar 7 13:50:08 UTC 2011

On 07/03/11 14:34, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> In Summer 2009, for a friend, I did a good deed and installed
> Thunderbird. It was 3.0 back then.
>
> Now, by phone, I walked her through configuring a new email address,
> and was confused, because TB didn't find the right config.
>
> I quickly found that she was still using TB 3.0. That already is major
> FAIL. Why's that happening?
>
> Worse, I asked her to go to Help | Update..., it downloaded and
> installed the update. We tried again, it again didn't work. I checked
> the version again, and it was 3.0.10 - a higher version than before
> (3.0.3 or something), but still 3.0!

So we only do major update from the latest version of the previous
releases , I think this is by design and I don't know the answer.

Any idea why she was still on 3.0.3 - was she dismissing updates when
she was getting them ?

--
Ludovic Hirlimann MozillaMessaging QA lead
http://www.spreadthunderbird.com/aff/79/2