heads up: tab re-ordering, undo tab have landed; please test a bit

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Fri Mar 4 03:43:24 UTC 2011

Thanks to work by Thomas Schmid on Bug 468808, tab reordering
functionality has landed along with bonus undo tab functionality.  This
should functionality should be available in tomorrow morning's nightlies.

Given that I think we are trying to spin up Alpha 3 soon, it would be
great if people can give it a whirl and shake out any glitches.

Please note that there are some known limitations, particularly that
only persistable tabs work with "undo close tab" or "move to new window"
or dragging tabs between windows.  All tabs can be reordered within a
window without problems, although you can't change who is the left-most
tab.  The tab persistence mechanism is the same mechanism used for
session restore, which means that "gloda" tabs cannot be unclosed or
dragged between windows, etc.

Limitations of existing tab types should be followed as enhancements for
the tab type in question, rather than as a deficiency against the tabbed
interface in general.

Andrew