Too much glass…

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Wed Jun 29 19:58:00 UTC 2011

On 2011-06-29 3:36 PM, Jim wrote:
> Alright, fine... assuming you're talking about this
> <http://www.web2test.net/Minimal_UIs.swf>, the reason I haven't
> commented on it is because I think it's a really, really bad idea to
> incorporate into the default install.

Who said anything about making this the *default*? Did you even read my
emails about this?

What I am talking about is how easy it is for these changes to be made...

> I don't think it's worth it to sacrifice all of these things on the
> altar of ux-minimalism, especially when you can already use nearly all
> of the window space for a message just by opening the message in a new
> tab. The only things that addon hides in addition are the main toolbar
> and the message header, with the latter already being almost hideable
> with the Compact Header extension.

I could and have made similar arguments about the tiny amount of space
that is saved by losing the *extremely* useful Statusbar...

But like I said - as long as I can get the Statusbar back by installing
Status4Evar, I'm ok with that being the default...