Too much glass…

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Wed Jun 29 10:38:58 UTC 2011

On 2011-06-28 2:08 PM, Blake Winton wrote:
> But that could cause problems with extensions that put their buttons in
> the tab bar.

What about extensions that want to be able to put their buttons into the
*Titlebar* - like, for example, the 'Personal Titlebar' extension that I
currently use in Firefox, that will be able to work with Thunderbird
once it moves to the next version of Gecko? The extension author has
expressed interest in supporting Thunderbird too, but cannot until
Thunderbird supports the ability to move the menubar into the Titlebar,
which cannot happen until thunderbird moves to the next version of Gecko.

> I've spoken with Philipp about having Lightning move its buttons up
> to the toolbar, and he's happy to make that change,

Well, that's great news (something I've been waiting for since these
buttons were forced into the tab bar).

> but there are a few other extensions that I know about that use the
> same area.

*Imho, *all* buttons should *always* be movable to whatever toolbar the
user wants...

This is funny... here you all are, arguing over how to gain a little
more UI space, and I *already* - with version 3.1.11 and two extensions
- have a minimalist UI that provides *far* more room than your screen
mockups, and provided working screenshots, and *not a single one of you*
has commented on or otherwise asked me about them.