Too much glass…

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Wed Jun 29 13:37:43 UTC 2011

On 11-06-29 2:43 , Alan Lord (Gmail) wrote:
> On 28/06/11 21:19, Blake Winton wrote:
>> On 11-06-28 16:16 , Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>
>>> I presume this would also mean creating some kind of
>>> single-point-of-access to the menu like Firefox/IE/etc. have and that
>>> it's not shown in the screenshot because it would require photoshopping?
>>
>> Well, that would be nice, but that's more than I was thinking of doing.
>> I would merely have the menu show when you hit the <Alt> key. (Again,
>> just copying the behaviour of Firefox, IE, Windows Explorer, etc…)
>
> This feature is not something I am familiar with on Linux, I trust that
> any plans will be cross-platform?

I didn't think so.  The hiding of the menu bar is a Windows-specific UI
concept.  (On Mac there's only one menu bar at the top, so hiding it
doesn't make any sense.  Ubuntu Unity is similar.)  If there is a
convention of hiding the menu bar on Linux (and I'm guessing there isn't
due to your comment), then I would be happy to look into that.

Thanks,
Blake.
--
Blake Winton   Thunderbird User Experience Lead
bwinton at mozilla.com