Too much glass…

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Wed Jun 29 10:58:33 UTC 2011

On 2011-06-29 2:43 AM, Alan Lord (Gmail) wrote:
> I do agree in general that TB is very wasteful of screen real-estate;
> especially at the top so this is a good thread. The Compact-header
> extension also helps a bit with the message view layout.

I prefer the functionality provided by the 'Mal Tweak' extension, that
lets me completely and totally *hide* the header pane, and just show it
on mouse-over... although I'd prefer if it would show itself in a pane
that pops up over the message list instead of shoving the entire message
detail view pane down...

The same extension also allows me to totally *hide* the folder pane in
the same way - but again, I'd prefer it to pop out in a pane, rather
than shove the entire message list/detail panes over to the right...

Both of these should be doable, again, once TB is on the new version of
Gecko, which I guess it is now with version 5?

Sadly, the Mail Tweak extension author seems to have disappeared...