Too much glass…

David Bienvenu dbienvenu at mozilla.com
Tue Jun 28 20:44:58 UTC 2011

On 6/28/2011 1:40 PM, Blake Winton wrote:
> I would probably just change it, on the basis that that's the behaviour users of Windows 7 have come to expect from applications on that platform.
>
> Okay, after seeing Bienvenu's post and the comments in #maildev, I take it back.  I would break from Firefox, and just add a right-click option to hide the menu, a la
> Firefox. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2301433/Glass/FirefoxContext.png  That way the user would be able to minimize the glass, but would still see the menu by default.
People who really want to save every bit of space tend to be more clued-in.

I'd be OK with disabling menus on new profiles and doing the alt thing to show them. I know there are users who simply get a new machine and want their stuff to work like
it did on the old machine, but that's less of an issue than getting a silent update and having your menus disappear :-) And I think we really want some sort of profile
migration add-on or app to make it easier for people to move profiles from old machines.

- David