Schedule for incrementing allowed AMO updates

Wayne Mery (vn) vseerror at Lehigh.EDU
Thu Jun 23 19:36:00 UTC 2011

On 6/23/2011 8:07 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 2011-06-23 7:58 AM, Wayne Mery (vn) wrote:
>>> Yeah, I see that now... if it is a one-time prompt that, if denied, will
>>> not appear again unless/until it is manually updated, then this won't be
>>> as bad as I first thought, I'll just have to take a screenshot of it,
>>> and tell my users if they see this update prompt they should deny it (we
>>> have a good number of extensions we use inhouse)...
>
>> It seems like you _really_ want full control over the user's environment
>> and the update process.
>
> Not really - I like auto-updates.
>
> What I would like is a third option in Tools>  Options>  Advanced>
> Update>  'When updates to Thunderbird are found':
>
> O Only update Thunderbird to the latest version that is supported by
>    your installed extensions.

Essentially then, Bug 468072 - Check add-on compatibility *BEFORE*
running automatic updates

And beyond that, there is Bug 663506 - If a user has incompatible
add-ons, increase the update nag time