Re : Re: Re : Thunderbird Conversations & font issues

klint olivier.mitschi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 20:24:16 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan
Thanks for your answer :)

Actually, many Windows XP users (like me) may be used to having all the XP
menus and buttons set to 8px or 10px by default, and the TB mail bodies set
to 16px by default (the mail bodies only, as all other TB chrome elements,
including the message list, still use the Windows XP sizes, 8 or 10).
That is why it's really not a problem to me (on the contrary ;) ) to have
the Conversations chrome in a small size (10px for instance  as per the
XP-level setting), whereas the message bodies in expanded mode are in the
default mail body size (16px for instance, as per the TB display option
setting).
This way, the less important information (chrome) is minimized and emphasis
is put on the important one: the mail body.

I don't know how all this works on other OSs though :)

Having said that, I just have checked how it would render without the 75%
scaling: even if the expanded bodies are now ok, the conversations in shrunk
mode look do not look well actually (too big, too few info displayed on a
conversation page). So maybe it is not worth spending your time and energy
on removing the scaling everywhere optionally :)

So, unless you agree with me on this one day, I think I will have to get
used to it and buy glasses ;)

Thanks
Olivier

PS: I know you don't like to add options: but is there a way to deactivate
the Conversation view without deactivating the add-on itself? I haven't
found it! And in some circumstances, navigating in the legacy view is still
more efficient imho ;)