Schedule for incrementing allowed AMO updates

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Wed Jun 22 10:28:13 UTC 2011

On 2011-06-21 5:12 PM, Mark Banner wrote:
> On 21/06/2011 19:48, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> This is really going to become a major pain really quick...

> I don't understand what the pain point is here.

Well, I guess that depends on whether or not this update prompt will be
ongoing, or one time - do you know?

> The only real difference that I see is that they wouldn't have got
> the major update dialog first.

Yeah, I see that now... if it is a one-time prompt that, if denied, will
not appear again unless/until it is manually updated, then this won't be
as bad as I first thought, I'll just have to take a screenshot of it,
and tell my users if they see this update prompt they should deny it (we
have a good number of extensions we use inhouse)...

If Thunderbird will work the same way, this should be ok...

Thanks...