Re : Thunderbird Conversations & font issues

klint olivier.mitschi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 22:28:37 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan

What I'm not getting, is why the system messages/buttons labels in the TB
Conversation pane should have a size proportional to the font size used for
the body itself. In my opinion everything but the body should be of a size
set at OS level (like the size of the menu items or header pane, on Windows
XP), while the body should use the size set at Thunderbird's display option
level.

Also, it would be very helpful IMHO to have a setting in the TB
Conversations options to be able to choose between smaller font for the body
(75% of the default one in TB) or normal font (100% of the default font in
TB).

Currently, I could set the default font 33% larger than usual (like 22px
instead of 16px) to obtain a perfect body ;) but then:
- the system messages/buttons labels in TB Conversations seem to be larger
than similar elements elsewhere in TB, which is odd
- and every message composed in the compose window have HUGE characters.

Maybe this is too simple or has already been discussed somewhere else;
anyway, these were my 50cts :)

Thanks